Re: linuxppc or yellowdog linux or MachTen

Subject: Re: linuxppc or yellowdog linux or MachTen
From: Daniel E. White (igor@clark.net)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 14:06:15 MST

I like YDL a lot, and MachTen is both a little dated and a little out
of the mainstream, (which is basically Linux, at this point), but all
things considered, I still think MachTen is the most sensible route
to go, esp. for a Unix newcomer. I say that because the install is
dirt simple, and if (when) you make a mistake with configurations,
you're not locked out of your system entirely. I'm very happy with it.

Best,

Scott Atkinson

I am looking for the Power MachTen 4.1 to 4.1.1 update (MacOS 8.5 and
up compatibility)

Tenon's FTP site has been dead since at least Monday, and they have no mirrors.

Might you be able to help ?

                                                                Dan White
"Sometimes  I  think  the  surest  sign  that  intelligent  life exists
  elsewhere  in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
                                                   Calvin (Bill Waterson)