Re: postgresql

Subject: Re: postgresql
From: Islenho de Almeida (islenho@sdf.lonestar.org)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 20:32:48 MST

Darian wrote:

> Has anyone out there used the postgresql from the champion server 1.1
> distribution. I claim ignorance here, but it seems that it's missing the
> entire data folder (along with that the template folder), which means my
> postmaster won't start up. I'd appreciate any help with this one.
>
> darian j. defalco

Hi Darian

try

host:~# export PGLIB=/usr/lib/pgsql

host:~# export PGDATA=/var/lib/pgsql

or something like this....

host:~# initdb

host:~# /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql start

host:~# su - postgres

host:~$ psql template1

ps.: read the postmaster documentation for tcp connections. parameter -i .
take a look /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql

/* file /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql */
 .
 .
 .
 gprintf "Starting %s server: " "PostgreSQL"
daemon --check postmaster su -l postgres -c \"/usr/bin/postmaster -p 5432
-i -S -D/var/lib/pgsql\"
note the -i option ...

Islenho de Almeida

 http://www.uepg.br/~deinfo