Re: No Graphical Installation Yellowdog Linux?

Subject: Re: No Graphical Installation Yellowdog Linux?
From: Darin Lang (darin@flashcom.net)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 18:57:36 MST

Where can I get the 2000 installer?
I tracked down a FAQ at yellow dog that said that there was an issue with
MAc OS 9:

"I can't see the ATA drives if Mac OS 9 is installed!
It appears that Mac OS 9 updates the ATA driver, causing PowerPC Linux to
fail to see the drive(s). While a solution will be provided for PowerPC
Linux soon, a temporary fix involves "down-grading" the ATA driver "

Does anyone know if this has been addressed yet? I can't downgrade cause I
don't have an 8.5, 8.6 CD. And I can't install because the installer says I
have no hard drive.

Darin Lang mailto:darin@flashcom.net
My Web Sites: http://ChandelierShop.com
http://KodiakLodge.com