Re: No Graphical Installation Yellowdog Linux?

Subject: Re: No Graphical Installation Yellowdog Linux?
From: Nelson Abramson (pogtal@erols.com)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 19:31:22 MST

Darin Lang wrote:

> Where can I get the 2000 installer?

AFAIK it's not out yet. Jason was just bragging. :-)

> I tracked down a FAQ at yellow dog that said that there was an issue with
> MAc OS 9:
>
> "I can't see the ATA drives if Mac OS 9 is installed!
> It appears that Mac OS 9 updates the ATA driver, causing PowerPC Linux to
> fail to see the drive(s). While a solution will be provided for PowerPC
> Linux soon, a temporary fix involves "down-grading" the ATA driver "

You can also upgrade to BootX 1.2b3 from BenH's
page: http://ppclinux.apple.com/~benh

Did you try and partition the drive w/ pdisk in macos? The best thing to do is
create a free space in Apple Drive Setup, boot with the newest bootX, and then
partition using pdisk in the installer.

HTH
--Nelson Abramson

BTW, you can also downgrade your drivers by downloading the older drive setup
from apple's techincal support website...

--
Shouldn't people be arrested and persecuted for engaging in their
constitutional rights?  http://www.opendvd.org