Re: No Graphical Installation Yellowdog Linux?

Subject: Re: No Graphical Installation Yellowdog Linux?
From: Darin Lang (darin@flashcom.net)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 20:07:11 MST

I switced to BootX1.2b3 and it went into a loop trying to identify a
nonexistent scuzi drive. I had to shut it down.

> From: Nelson Abramson <pogtal@erols.com>
> Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 21:31:22 -0500
> To: Darin Lang <darin@flashcom.net>
> Cc: yellowdog-general@lists.yellowdoglinux.com,
> linuxppc-user@lists.linuxppc.org
> Subject: Re: No Graphical Installation Yellowdog Linux?
>
> You can also upgrade to BootX 1.2b3 from BenH's
> page: http://ppclinux.apple.com/~benh

This link hasn't worked for me (Unknown Server) I have tried it several
times in the last few days nor has http://ppclinux.apple.com always file not
found. But I have the files, just a sidenote.

> Did you try and partition the drive w/ pdisk in macos? The best thing to do
> is
> create a free space in Apple Drive Setup, boot with the newest bootX, and then
> partition using pdisk in the installer.

The installer only offers me a choice of fdisk or Disk Druid neither of
which works.

Darin Lang mailto:darin@flashcom.net
My Web Sites: http://ChandelierShop.com
http://KodiakLodge.com