793.5MB root partition enough?

Subject: 793.5MB root partition enough?
From: Reid Anderson (resander@cs.hamilton.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 13 2000 - 16:18:56 MST

I did use the "No Video Driver" option. If I don't I get a "Out of
operating range" error from my monitor, it doesn't even get into Linux! I
am repartitioning at the moment. I have a 4Gig HD and 878148 K Free Space
(857.566MB). If I use a 64MB swap partition I am left with 793.566MB for
the root Partition, I only plan to have a swap and a root, no need for the
user or home partitions. Is 793.566MB enough to install most of the
options? I plan to install the apache web server, the ftp server, the email
server, the games, emacs, the prog language stuff (C++, Java), the KDE
interface, and I would like to be able to connect to my computer from
elsewhere on the campus network. What installation packages should I drop
in order to fit into 793.5MB? Is there anything in particualr that takes up
a lot of space that I don't need? Thanks for the help!
        Reid