Re: Internal modem that ships with B&W G3

Subject: Re: Internal modem that ships with B&W G3
From: Adam Price (Adam@oldchildrensbooks.com)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 10:34:39 MST

On Sun, 13 Feb 2000, Robert Fout wrote:
> This questions isn't really YDL specific, but I'm hoping someone might know
> the answer. Who is the manufacturer of the modems that Apple shipped with
> B&W G3s? I think I'm having problems with the modem, it often times drops my
> PPP connection to my ISP.
> Bob

Global Village/Teleport.

I am a little disappointed in mine too - mainly because it sometimes
refuses to reset, and I have to reboot. In fact, in the last month, I
have rebooted ~25 times. 3 or 4 because my stylewriter will only print
from MacOs, and 21-22 because rebooting is the only way I can get my modem
to turn off. That is a reboot almost every day! Linux isn't supposed to
need that, is it? Has anyone found a more reliable hangup string for this
modem than the standard ath0? Or better inits than either atz or
at&f(0|1|2)?

-Adam