PHP/MySQL/Apache

Subject: PHP/MySQL/Apache
From: Gabriel Ricard (g_ricard@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 12:44:13 MST

I'm running Chamion Server 1.1 on my Powerbook G3
lombard and I am having a heck of a time trying to get
PHP/MySQL and Apache to all play nice. The mod_php3
rpm/srpm does not have support for MySQL in it by
default (why is this anyways? MySQL and PostgreSQL are
both free, why aren't they both included and
supported? MySQL is sooo much faster) So, I built my
own mod_php3 from the source in the SRPM and it built
fine, installed fine, but now when I start apache
through the init script /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd it
gives me a green "ok" for starting it and the
coordinating httpd process dies off with no errors or
anything.

Anyone know whats going on? Or perhaps someone out
there has an rpm for mod_php3 that supports MySQL?

Thanks.

=====
Gabriel Ricard
g_ricard@yahoo.com