Re: No Graphical Installation Yellowdog Linux?

Subject: Re: No Graphical Installation Yellowdog Linux?
From: Nelson Abramson (pogtal@erols.com)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 14:37:56 MST

Darin Lang wrote:

> I switced to BootX1.2b3 and it went into a loop trying to identify a
> nonexistent scuzi drive. I had to shut it down.

Hmm...this the same kernel that was working before? Have you tried a newer
one? This is still booting into the installer?

> This link hasn't worked for me (Unknown Server) I have tried it several
> times in the last few days nor has http://ppclinux.apple.com always file not
> found. But I have the files, just a sidenote.

Well, for some reason the ppclinux.apple.com was down for the weekend.

> The installer only offers me a choice of fdisk or Disk Druid neither of
> which works.

Okay, so you are working in the debian install? fdisk works fine, but
unfortunately has issues w/ disks that have been formated w/ a non-fdisk
partitioner (like drive setup, or pdisk), so you may need to preformat these drives
w/ drive setup or pdisk(if you are using macos9, you need to only use pdisk in
linux, not macos) ahead of time.

HTH
--Nelson Abramson

--
Shouldn't people be arrested and persecuted for engaging in their
constitutional rights?  http://www.opendvd.org