IP chaining, masquerading or whatever.

Subject: IP chaining, masquerading or whatever.
From: Phil Kirschner (pak1@cec.wustl.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 00:43:59 MST

I have a beige G3 tower with a built-in 10mbps ethernet card, and a
100mbps PCI ethernet card in it. I have been put in the position
where I need to hook multiple machines into 1 port, but only use one
global IP address. I want to hook my 100mbps card into the one port,
hook a hub into the built-in 10mbps card, and connect machines to the
hub, which will all share one Internet connection. I am sure this is
fairly simple, but I have never done anything like it before.

Can CS1.1 do this out of the box? How hard is it? Is what I want to
do called masquerading or forwarding? Something else all together?

I would just love some info about all this, and possible a suggestion
about the best place to start.

Thanks in advance.

Phil K.

"Today's CS lecture will be conducted entirely through the medium of
interpretive dance."
        -Something I've always wanted to hear but never will.