Can't run Java Applets :-(

Subject: Can't run Java Applets :-(
From: John Wheeler (jw@mvmg.de)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 02:56:26 MST

Hi,

I recently installed the JDK 1.2.2 (thanks to Kevin_Hendricks for installation help), and have been playing around with the JFC demos. However, I can't seem to run Java Applets in either the "built-in" browser in KDE, or with Nescape Navigator. The "built-in" browser (in KDE) reports the error:

alt="Your browser understands the <APPLET> tag but isn't running the applet, for some reason". Your browser in completely ignoring the <APPLET> tag!

If I try the run the applet with Navigator, the browser closes as soon as the status message "starting Java" is displayed.

Anyone have any idea what is going wrong, and what I can do about it?

Thanks!

John Wheeler.