Mac-On-Linux on OS 8.1?

Subject: Mac-On-Linux on OS 8.1?
From: Reid Anderson (resander@cs.hamilton.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 08:30:58 MST

Has anyone had any success with MOL? I am running a G3/300 MT with OS 8.1.
Running 8.1 means I don't have a "Mac OS ROM" file, so running MOL is a
little tricky. Right now I have it installed and it runs, but I get a black
creen in the MOL window. Nothing appears, no activity, just blank! I will
be getting a G4/450 in about a month and will have to go through the
process of installing Linux again and getting MOL running on OS 9. Anyone
with any help or experience or success with either of these two machines
and MOL would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
        Reid