General Compiling Difficulties / Netscape Backspace

Subject: General Compiling Difficulties / Netscape Backspace
From: Waldo L. Jaquith (waldo@waldo.net)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 09:41:51 MST

Folks,

I'm running YDL1.1 on an iMac Rev A.

I actually installed YDL1.0 from CD and then grabbed lots of packages from
the YDL1.0 updates folder, installed those, then lots from YDL1.1, and
installed those, and finally YDL1.1 updates and installed those. So I think
I'm up to date. :)

However, now that I'm up to date, compiling anything has ceased to work.
When it checks to make sure that the environment is sane, it just stalls
out. I've looked, and it invokes something like half a dozen gcc sessions
until I break out of it.

Anybody have any ideas on this one?

Oh, and I hate to beat a dead horse, but I've got to ask: Netscape
backspace? I've read all through the archives, and I'm yet to find an
actual solution. Yep, I've changed the modmap to define that delete ought
to mean backspace, and every program but NS respects that. Does NS just
scan for keycodes or something? This is driving me nuts. :)

Gracias.

Best,
Waldo