Re: can't FTP to any other servers

Subject: Re: can't FTP to any other servers
From: Yukiko Takiguchi (ytakiguc@kt.rim.or.jp)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 13:11:33 MST

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.
I'm sorry too much misstyping because I've stubbed my fingers when I played
basketball.

Anyway, I haven't known such FTP's seacret yet. It was really helpful for me!

At 12:18 AM +0000 2/15/00, Peter M. Bagnall wrote:
> Can you FTP to yourself ok?

I tried ... No, I cannot.
So, I checked out /etc/inetd.conf, and its FTP's comment was out.
I put it back, then I tried FTP again, but still I cannot FTP to myself.
I got:

421 sevice not available, remote server has closed connection

Still are there any other config file should I comment in?

Yukiko Takiguchi @ Syracuse, NY