RE:: IPCHAINS/Masquerading

Subject: RE:: IPCHAINS/Masquerading
webmaster@macdaemon.com
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 19:40:12 MST

>I have a beige G3 tower with a built-in 10mbps ethernet card, and a
>100mbps PCI ethernet card in it. I have been put in the position
>where I need to hook multiple machines into 1 port, but only use one
<global IP address. I want to hook my 100mbps card into the one port,
<hook a hub into the built-in 10mbps card, and connect machines to the
<hub, which will all share one Internet connection. I am sure this is
<fairly simple, but I have never done anything like it before.
Where to put it:
Use the following commands in your /etc/rc.d/rc.local.... just put it at the
very bottom on a new line.
_______________________________________________________________ Commands:
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
ipchains -A forward -j MASQ -s 10.0.0.1/24 -d 255.0.0.0/0
ipchains -P forward DENY
ipchains -A forward -i ppp0 -j MASQ
Things to change:
The only thing you would probably need to change is the IP's... so that they
fit your local network
Dial-UPs:
If your on a dial-up, and using Kppp or any other major X dial-up utility, use
the "after conecting run...." option, enter /etc/rc.d/rc.local, or if your
using console to login.... not to shure whare to enter it but i know there is a
plcae to enter it.... you can just run your rc.local file manually.... after
conectin..... untill you figure out where to place it in.... possibly
/etc/ppp/options at the very bottom experiment around and if you come out with
resulst please let me know....
Please let me know if i can do ne thing else to help you out.... email me or
visit www.macdaemon.com.... I read the YDL letters constantly.....

Michael Shadforth
Webmaster@macdaemon.com
www.MacDaemon.com