a kernel question

Subject: a kernel question
From: Phil Kirschner (pak1@cec.wustl.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 21:28:56 MST

I just recompiled a new kernel from the rsync site, and I just
noticed that I have stepped BACK in versions it seems. Before, I was
using 2.2.6, and now it says I am using 2.2.15pre7. Why is that? I
don't know much about kernel upgrades or the linuxppc kernel tree, so
forgive me if that is a stupid question.

"Today's CS lecture will be conducted entirely through the medium of
interpretive dance."
        -Something I've always wanted to hear but never will.