Re: oh, and about CDR...

Subject: Re: oh, and about CDR...
From: Paul Schinder (schinder@pobox.com)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 06:48:33 MST

At 1:04 AM -0600 2/16/00, Phil Kirschner wrote:
>Is there an easy way to tell if my drive works at all without
>installing the software, which is not working for me? It is plugged
>in externally, and I do have SCSI_Generic active in my kernel....

Does it work as a CD-ROM?

If it does, you might want to try different recording software.
Personally I use cdrecord, which works just fine with my Yamaha
drive. cdrecord allows you to make a dry run, so you don't have to
waste disks trying things out. Even better, if your drive supports
them, is to practice on a CD-RW.

--
Paul Schinder
schinder@pobox.com