It works! But...

Subject: It works! But...
From: Phil Kirschner (pak1@cec.wustl.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 23:39:47 MST

Hey all. Thanks so much for dealing with my CDR woes, but I am so
close to my goal now! I compiled a new kernel, installed cdrecord
and mkisofs, and I know I can mount the drive with:

mount -t iso9660 /dev/scd0 /mnt/burner

I installed cdrtoaster, which provides a pretty little interface to
the two programs above, but it isn't working. cdrecord sees the
drive, i know from doing "cdrecord -scanbus" which yields: (amongst
other things)

scsibus1:
1,5,0 105) 'SONY ' 'CD-R CDU948S ' '1.0h' Removable CD-ROM

I tried to get cdrtoaster to do this:

Make a backup CD from my /home directory. I wanted to call the CD homebackup.

It generated this:

mkisofs - joliet -volid homebackup /home | cdrecord -v -eject
dev=/dev/scd0 speed=4 -data

It didn't work. Anybody out there know why? All I want to do is
burn the whole /home folder to CD. I can figure out doing HFS stuff
and audio later, but I want some indication that it will burn
something. I am SO CLOSE....

"Today's CS lecture will be conducted entirely through the medium of
interpretive dance."
        -Something I've always wanted to hear but never will.