Re: can't FTP to any other servers

Subject: Re: can't FTP to any other servers
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 01:59:18 MST

Hi. Have you taken a look at your /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny
files? Often the default in hosts.deny is ALL:ALL which means many of
your daemons will not be allowed to accept incoming connections. If your
hosts.deny file includes the line ALL:ALL, you might want to remove that
line and see if your problem is solved. If so, then you really should
put it back and add appropriate entries to the hosts.allow file. In the
simplest case, this would be something like ALL:<IP_address> where IP
address is the address of the machine that masquerades for you. You can
get more information with

man hosts.allow
and
man hosts.deny

Jim

Yukiko Takiguchi's bits of Tue, 15 Feb 2000 translated to: