Re: login screen screensaver

Subject: Re: login screen screensaver
From: Adam Price (Adam@oldchildrensbooks.com)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 06:34:47 MST

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Webmaster wrote:
> Is there an easy way to get a screensaver running while my computer
> is sitting idle at the runlevel 5 graphical login screen? All it
> does not is just sit there, and that's not very interesting at all!

If you have XScreensaver installed, the easy way to do it is to add the
following two lines to /etc/X11/xdm/Xsetup_0

/usr/local/bin/xscreensaver-command -exit
/usr/local/bin/xscreensaver &

The first line is ommitable, of course, since it just brings up the
preferences for a couple of seconds when you first enter the login screen.

These instructions are also buried somewhere in the xscreensaver
documentation.

--
adam@oldchildrensbooks.com

So far, no one has opted to publish my sequel to "the Book of Mormon,": "The Book of Mormon 2 (this time its PERSONAL). This one is set in the roaring twenties, with the lord JC as a smooth-talkin' private eye, livin on the mean streets of Chicago. Basically, he spends the book battling the Mob, which really sucks for the Mob, let me tell you. He's got tha phat "gonnections" -- Greg Ingber '99, on _swat.talk