Re: Linux on RS-6000

Subject: Re: Linux on RS-6000
From: Josep Lluis Guallar Esteve (e0026e@imas.imim.es)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 08:44:19 MST

Hi Scott,

I see that you are at IBM-Texas. Cool!

Can you give some voices around and see if someone has knows about it?

I've already been to YDL web but I've been unable to know if they are supported or not. It says something about RS-62xx not supported, but nothing on RS-65xx or RS-32xx.

BTW, what's a RS6000 43P150? I'm intrigued on what kind of baby is hiding behind such a name ;)

Regards,

Josep L.
Barcelona
(Catalonia/Europe)

P.D.:Those machines are from 1991, and they've been working since last year. Now they are about to become hi-tech junk... unless I manage to install some Linux-Apache for internal web-server tests.

>>> <scarroll@austin.ibm.com> 18/02/00 16:26 >>>
Josep:

  YDL works great on my RS6000 43P150! As for your boxes -- I don't
think they are directly supported -- No CD means a network install (EEEEK)!
If you've got lots of time -- give it a whirl, and keep the group posted.

--
Scott Carroll
Austin, TX  78758-3493 U.S.A