Successful Sofware RAID on g4 Sawtooth

Subject: Successful Sofware RAID on g4 Sawtooth
MacPiano@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 10:38:34 MST

After much time and emails and searching on the internet I have 3 drives
software raided on my Sawtooth g4 at 450mhz. One is the stock apple ata drive
and 2 ultrawide lvd2's. Thanks to Paulus for getting me in the right
direction for getting the latest kernel sources and Ben for his work on the
g4 stuff for the kernel. Thanks to Martin and hollis+ for their emails. And
thanks to someone on linux-raid who gave me the address for the patch to the
stock 2.2.14 which I applied to Paulus's 2.2.15pre7 kernel source anyways. It
had one small rej but the kernel compiled flawlessly and when linux fired up
there was the md 0.90 software RAID. From there the normal read mes got the
raid going. As far as I know I'm the only one that has this going on a
Sawtooth. If anyone else hs I'd like to hear from them. If anyone wants to
post my kernel I'd be more than happy to send it to them.
Thanks again
gary hostetler