Hang on shutdown

Subject: Hang on shutdown
From: Ben Donley (bdonley@unchosen.com)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 10:56:51 MST

I asked this question a while ago.

Someone answered it.

It must have been in personal email, 'cause I can't find it on any lists to
save my life. I fixed it, but reinstalled a couple weeks ago.

In the shutdown process, my machine hangs 70% of the time once it hits
"shutting down interface eth0" or something like that. Whoever it was told me
that I needed to comment out one line in my shutdown script (I even forget
where these are) for runlevel 3 (or whatever I use). Supposedly the real
problem was that it couldn't shut down the localhost interface or something.

It sucks to have to force power down and fsck every restart.

Thanks,
 - Ben