Re: Problems with 3.3.6 XFree86?

Subject: Re: Problems with 3.3.6 XFree86?
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Sat Feb 19 2000 - 21:40:19 MST

Evan Read's bits of Sun, 20 Feb 2000 translated to:

>Has anyone tried using the 3.3.6 X RPMS provided here?
>ftp://ftp.devel.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/ruffpack/ruffpack-current/YellowDog/RPMS/
I am using them currently. 3.3.6-8 to be precise. Seems to work fine on
my PowerBook, except that the FBDev server only plays nicely if you run
with DefaultColorDepth set to 15 or 24 (16 and 32 croak it). The Xpmac
server is supposed to work fine, though I haven't tried it.

I should also note that I am running 2.2.15pre4 and almost every other
package on my system was pulled from ruffpack-current. I couldn't say
for certain how the 3.3.6-8 rpms will work with older libraries and
such.

>I am assuming these RPMS allow for a Mac monitor sleep (like an older
>3.3.5 version did)?
Haven't done anything with this.

>Is there anything I should know upgrading from a vanilla CS 1.1 install
>(which I am upgrading to 2.2.14 as we speak)? Do I have to change configs
>or anything?
For X, all I had to change was the DefaultColorDepth in XF86Config.

Jim