Re: User html directories

Subject: Re: User html directories
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Sun Feb 20 2000 - 01:25:02 MST

Hi.

This *is* a feature of Apache. In the configuration file (httpd.conf)
you should find a directive named UserDir. The name following this
directive specifies the name of the directory the server will use for
user account web pages, relative to the user's home directory.

Generally, the default is public_html rather than html, but you can
change it to anything you like. If you want to use ~username/html then
just set the directive to

UserDir html

and restart Apache. That should be it.

Jim

Ben Donley's bits of Sun, 20 Feb 2000 translated to: