Re: [php issues]

Subject: Re: [php issues]
From: Ra Minassian (SunofRa@netscape.net)
Date: Sun Feb 20 2000 - 09:36:17 MST

Phil,

I ran into similar issues. At the risk of sounding extreme, I uninstalled all
rpms for Apache, php, and postgresql (which we use for db stuff) and installed
them all from sources. This also allowed me to tailor the tons of options
available at compile time on these packages. Everything is working very well.
The directions for installing from sources at the correspondings sites are
pretty good.

In any case, if you go this route and have problems, I can try to help from my
own experiences.

Keep us posted.
Stay well.
------------
Phil Kirschner <pak1@cec.wustl.edu> wrote:
I have tried all day to get PHP into my server, and I think I am
really close. However, I get this message now when I try to restart
my server:

Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/libphp3.so into server:
/etc/httpd/modules/libphp3.so: undefined symbol: ap_regexec

I looked everywhere but I can't figure out what that means!

Raffi Minassian
**Do not be arrogant because of your knowledge,
but confer with the ignorant man as with the learned... -Maxims of Ptahhotep,
Dyn. V **