Re: Good tar.gz app

Subject: Re: Good tar.gz app
From: Jeff Tillwick (jeffat00@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 21:19:55 MST

Oh, where do i begin! Lets see, first off, Archiver does indeed decompress
tar.gz files, yet i have yet to see its ability to compile and correctly
install the program

Secondly, using the shell is so confusing and lame, if we have a graphical
interface environment, why not take advantage of it, i compiled and
installed kicq and klicq and xawtv in the shell and as far as i can tell, i
did it correctly, yet the programs wont load up and the commands do
absolutely nothing both and the command line and in the terminal.