Re: G4 Ethernet

Subject: Re: G4 Ethernet
MacPiano@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 13:30:27 MST

In a message dated 2/22/00 2:50:57 PM, admin@trilobyte.net writes:

<< All I need it to support is TCP/IP is there a way to get this functionality
out of the built in Ethernet? If not I will order a Farallon card. Which
one? Is there a list of supported hardware? Will I have to rebuild the
kernel?

TCP should be running as long as you are using the ibook.15 kernel. If not
the previous ibook kernels did not have the gmac compiled in. I have the
Farallon 10/100 Ethertex card. There is a list of supported drives somewhere
but I'm not sure where. You do not have to rebuild the kernel.
gary