Re: GHX Hotline???

Subject: Re: GHX Hotline???
From: Cyril Niklaus (cyril.niklaus@bigfoot.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 10:19:56 MST

--On Mercredi, 23 février 2000 11:51 -0500 tphallaran
<tphallaran@westoverschool.org> wrote:

> download the fidelio hotline gtk client you can find the link at
> www.hotlinecentral.com
>

> On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Jeff Tillwick wrote:
>
>> I downloaded GHX a hotline client clone for x11 and expanded the archive.
>> The
>> readme told me to execute the program ghx3 and when i clicked on it
>> nothing happened, why???
That's because you're not in macos... Double clicking won't get you very
far. You need to start the application from the shell. If it's in your
path, a simple 'ghx &' should get you started. Otehrwise, cd into the
directory where the app is (most likely /usr/local/bin, but it depends on
the makefile where the binaries get installed) and then do a './ ghx &'

Of course, the name of the app might be different than simply ghx, but this
is no real problem, simply give the correct name, and do not put the single
quotes, they're only here to show what you would type in your shell.
hth
cyril