Re: Asante FriendlyNet Ethernet card on 7500/100

Subject: Re: Asante FriendlyNet Ethernet card on 7500/100
From: herb (herb@kinetekpharm.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 12:35:11 MST

Hello.

    I just d/l the newer tulip.c driver for my Asante Frienlynet card
from the Asante site and compiled the tulip.o file. I tried to insmod
tulip.o but it tells me the device is busy. My netcfg and linuxconf seems
to be properly configured. I guess I must recompile the kernel. How do i
do that? I followed the howto but apparently it's for pcs. I "make dep",
"make clean" then "make bzImage" but it won't do the last command. Do I
place tulip.o in the /lib/modules/2.2.6/net directory?