Re: Sudoers

Subject: Re: Sudoers
From: Jeff Ross (jeffross@vcn.com)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 11:37:08 MST

Hey I just learned this in class!

visudo must be used because it locks the /etc/sudoers file to prevent two
users from simultaneously editing the file and it also performs some syntax
checking when the editing is complete.

See O'Reilly's _Essential System Administration_ by Frisch, pages 9-11 for
more details on sudo in general.

My CS 1.1 visudo is broken, though, and yours might be as well. visudo
wants to find vi in a certain directory and it isn't there. The solution I
used was to make a link from where visudo wants vi and where vi really is.

Hope that helps!

Jeff Ross
Cheyenne, WY