Re: Newbie woes again... Part 2

Subject: Re: Newbie woes again... Part 2
BondTrails@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 10:02:22 MST

Aha! a small step towards fixing my woes,

Thanks to those who helped me capture the error message from "startx". Okay,
this is what spews out when I run Xautoconfig then startx. I hope someone out
there can help me figure out why when I log on, X tries to start up but goes
into this endless loop. It was all working great until I accidently tripped
the power cord from my computer.

Thanks for your help all!
Bondster

P.S. Here is the log:

XFree86 Version 3.3.5 / X Window System
Release Date: August 23 1999
    If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if your card is newer
    than the above date, look for a newer version before reporting
    problems. (see http://www.XFree86.Org/FAQ)
Operating System: Linux 2.2.12 ppc [ELF]
Configured drivers:
   FBDev: Server for frame buffer device
   (Patchlevel 10): mfb, afb, cfb8, cfb16, cfb32, NCR 77C32BLT (accel), ATI
Mach64 (accel), IMS TwinTurbo (accel)
(using VT number 7)

XF86Config: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config
(**) stands for supplied, (--) stands for probed/default values
(**) XKB: keycodes: "macintosh"
(**) XKB: types: "default"
(**) XKB: compat: "default"
(**) XKB: symbols: "macintosh/us"
(**) XKB: geometry: "macintosh"
(**) XKB: rules: "xfree86"
(**) XKB: model: "pc101"
(**) Mouse: type: BusMouse, device: /dev/mouse, buttons: 3
(**) FBDev: Graphics device ID: "Generic Frame Buffer Device"
(**) FBDev: Monitor ID: "Unknown"
(**) FontPath set to "unix/:-1"
(**) FBDev: Using XF86Config video mode database
(--) FBDev: Frame buffer device: OFfb IMS,tt128m
(--) FBDev: Video memory: 3072K @ 0x82000000
(--) FBDev: MMIO regs: 0K @ (nil)
(--) FBDev: Type 0 type_aux 0 bits_per_pixel 32
(--) FBDev: Hardware accelerator: None
(--) FBDev: No driver support for hardware acceleration
bpp = 32, depth = 32, BitsPerRGB = 8
(--) FBDev: Using cfb32 driver

Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11. Server aborting

When reporting a problem related to a server crash, please send
the full server output, not just the last messages

X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).