NewerTech & PowerMac 7500/100

Subject: NewerTech & PowerMac 7500/100
From: Jeff (jeff@emorphic.com)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 11:43:36 MST

I'm trying to set up a dual boot PowerMac with 2 hard drives, Newer Tech G3
upgrade, and MacOS 8.6.

I've followed the instructions in the Y.D.L. guide, namely
BootX extension is in the extension folder
BootXApp in the control panel folders
vmlinux and ramdisk.image.gz in the system folder

When I try to boot to the ramdisk (with video driver on OR off), I don't
seem to get any results with screwy video signal.

Suggestions? I haven't seen anything in the archives on G3 upgrades (maybe
I missed the obvious).

Please be kind to this Yellow Dog newbie.

Jeff