Re: Advice

Subject: Re: Advice
From: Sam Archer (s.t.archer@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 14:37:25 MST

I think I might be able to help.

First of all, I have set up my system so that I can share files between
MacOS and Linux via the HD. I did this by formatting my mac HD(after
extensive backup), and then setting up 3 different partitions(One as
standard HFS, one as HFS plus "extended", and one as "unallocated"). Do you
know how to do this? If not, write me. In linux setup, find the unallocated
drive in fdisk, and format it as linux type...Details in the setup
directions. Then, when you get that done, you'll have to edit your etc/fstab
file to include your standard HFS partition when booting up(If you've never
done this, just follow the format of the other drives...Type, mounting
point, etcetera). I chose to create a new directory in my /mnt directory
called "MactoLinux", and then mention that as the mount point in the
etc/fstab file.

If you need immediate help...

Do you have internet access on both operating systems? If so, just email
yourself the source, that's what I always used to do.

If you need any help, email me, and I can go into detail about whatever it
is you're having trouble with.

Good luck with your class,

Arch