Re: Shutting down interface eth0

Subject: Re: Shutting down interface eth0
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 21:36:25 MST

Hi - Not really a fix, but have you just tried manually taking the
interface down before shutting down the system? Something like...

/sbin/ifconfig eth0 inet down

Maybe this will tell you something useful. Or at least give you a way to
repeatedly try to force the interface down before starting your shutdown.

Jim

Ben Donley's bits of Fri, 25 Feb 2000 translated to: