Re: Y2K Problem with CS 1.0+ ???

Subject: Re: Y2K Problem with CS 1.0+ ???
From: Urs Hochstrasser (hochstrasser@cyberlink.ch)
Date: Sat Feb 26 2000 - 08:43:57 MST

Hi,

>It's never a good idea to as for help without detail. What exactly
>do you mean by "depart from January 1, 1970"?

When running Linux on my Mac, I start over at Jan 1, 1970 every time
I boot. When running MacOS natively, everything is OK.
When running MacOS from MOL (Mac ON Linux) it starts with time/date
from my Linux (i.e. sometimes in january 1970), but I can then set
the time using a time server from the 'Date and Time' control panel,
but I need t set it again after starting MOL the next time.

All this fortunately doesn't seem to affect my Mac's internal clock
at all, it's just Linux that has problems. The Linux I am using is
YellowDog Linux CS 1.0 with most errata installed, and the kernel
2.2.12 fom the YDL ftp site.

Cheers
--Urs

Urs Hochstrasser Urs.Hochstrasser@unibas.ch
Botanical Institute, Hebelstrasse 1, CH-4056 BASEL
SWITZERLAND Phone +41 61 267 23 07