Re: vmode for the Ruff-Pack 8.0 3.3.6 RPMS

Subject: Re: vmode for the Ruff-Pack 8.0 3.3.6 RPMS
From: Evan Read (eread@netaccess.co.nz)
Date: Sat Feb 26 2000 - 14:16:22 MST

Not quite what I was looking for ;)

Seems that any vmodes apart from 16 and 17 make my monitor sleep (well, the
sample I tried) when booting Linux.

I think I will take this from a different angle. Can anyone tell me where
Xconfigurator sends it's errors? It is telling me "There is a problem with
you X configuration", but I have no clue as to what is broken! Surely this
tool would like to give me more info than that.

BTW, I tried re-symlinking /etc/X11/X to /usr/X11R6/bin/Xpmac (which I
assume means I am using the Xpmac server) but to no avail. Last time I
tried the 3.3.5 upgrade, I remember having to switch something there.

BTW, I am on a 2.2.6 kernal. Not sure if this is a problem ;) I am too
lazy and am gonn re-upgrade with CS 1.2 ;)

THanks (after looking over some mail list archives, looks like I should be
using FBDev)

Ev.