Re: Newbie woes again... Part 2

Subject: Re: Newbie woes again... Part 2
From: Ed Jaeger (ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com)
Date: Sat Feb 26 2000 - 19:51:31 MST

Do you actually have an empty directory named /etc/macvol to use as a
mount point? if not, make one via the following (as root):

mkdir /mount/macvol
chmod a+rwx /mount/macvol

For the other devices you make mount points for them - I use /mnt/cdr
for my CD burner and /mnt/zip for the ZIP. You need to look through the
boot messages to se what /dev device they are assigned to:

dmesg | more

Then make entries in /etc/fstab for them - the CD burner will be similar
to the CD-ROM, the ZIP is similar to a hard drive.

--
---
Ed Jaeger

"The real measure of your wealth is how much you'd be worth if you lost all your money."

-- Anonymous