MOL for new G4...

Subject: MOL for new G4...
From: Reid Anderson (resander@cs.hamilton.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 13:25:28 MST

I am getting a G4 500 this week and would liek to download and install YDL
Champion Server 1.2 with Mac-On-Linux. I am going to purchase an external
SCSI drive so that I don't have to partition the original factory Apple
UltraATA 10GB drive. I would like to install CS1.2 on the External SCSI and
leave my 10GB ATA as is (with the obvious necessary items in the system
folder). I tried getting MOL to run on CS1.1 with no luck, and would like
to run it on CS1.2 since it will come pre-installed with CS1.2. Will I be
able to access my ATA internal drive from the SCSI external? Basically,
will MOL allow me to run all the stuff on my Mac ATA HD if MOL is running
on an external SCSI? Will I notice a significant decrease in performance
running apps through MOL rather that straight from OS9?