Re: Y2K Problem with CS 1.0+ ???

Subject: Re: Y2K Problem with CS 1.0+ ???
From: Peter M. Bagnall (pete@surfaceeffect.com)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 03:57:36 MST

>>It really does seem like a battery problem now that I have heard more of
>>what is going on. Try starting from BootX after Mac os opens up with the
>>correct date!
>
>No, however I boot linux, it ends up in 1970.
>
>Might there be an incompatibility between the kernel (2.2.12) and the
>/sbin/clock utility (from CS 1.0)? Apparently I started to use this
>kernel only in the new year...
>
>Any thoughts?
>
>Cheers
>--Urs

I had this problem when I upgraded from 2.2.6 to 2.2.10 (Ithink). I'm
running CS1.0 and I simply didn't have the /sbin/clock executable on my
system. I can only assume that 2.2.6 had the code to set the clock in the
kernal and 2.2.10 doesn't. I grabbed the /sbin/clock rpm, installed it and
all was well.

My syptoms were almost exactly like yours.

Pete

--
Peter M. Bagnall
pete@surfaceeffect.com - http://www.surfaceeffect.com/