Re: linuxppc 2000 v. YDL vs. SuSE vs. everybody

Subject: Re: linuxppc 2000 v. YDL vs. SuSE vs. everybody
From: John L Grantham (jgrantha@hannover.sgh-net.de)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 00:26:41 MST

On 28/2/00 8:20 am, John L Grantham at jgrantha@hannover.sgh-net.de was
inspired to say:

>On 28/2/00 5:21 am, Erich G. Hanel at ehanel@telusplanet.net was inspired
>to say:
>
>>I downloaded the image file today but was unable to open it. Don't waste the
>>download (brutal download speed on DSL) until it's been out for a while.
>
>FYI, a *lot* of people have been having problems with the images--the
>images are all right, but you have to change their creator/type to that
>of a Toast image ("hImg/CDr3") with ResEdit or FileBuddy, then burn it
>with Toast.

One other thing: I know that it's convenient (and in many cases cheaper)
for people to d/l Linux, but in this particulat case, I'd like to ask
people to _buy_ CDs this time 'round--whether it's YDL, SuSE, MkLinux or
LinuxPPC. It ain't that much, and the money goes to a good cause. :-)

Not to mention that the d/l often costs the provider a bundle...

But if you want to support Linux on the PowerPC and aren't a developer
yourself, BUY THOSE CDs. Please. :-)

cya

John

---