Anybody running licq?

Subject: Anybody running licq?
From: Ben Donley (bdonley@unchosen.com)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 15:59:31 MST

I'm having some trouble getting licq to work on my YDL CS 1.1 machine.

I've been browsing the licq lists at www.licq.org, and the developers are
suggesting that it's YDL's fault, and not theirs. They're kind of rude,
too, so I wanted to run it by y'all before I went to them for help.

This sounds like BS, but here's what they're saying:

libtool is inaccurately reporting that dlopens don't work properly, so it
won't compile shared object files. ie, the compiled libraries are supposed
to be called licq_qt-gui.so, but instead, they are coming out called
licq_qt-gui.la.

There aren't any complaints during compile time, but at run time:

[bdonley@unchosen qt-gui-0.71]$ licq
17:53:54: [ERR] Unable to load plugin (qt-gui):
/usr/local/lib/licq/licq_qt-gui.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory.
 [bdonley@unchosen qt-gui-0.71]$ ls /usr/local/lib/licq
licq_console.a licq_console.la* licq_qt-gui.a licq_qt-gui.la*
[bdonley@unchosen qt-gui-0.71]$

If anybody's got licq working properly, please, tell me what your process
was. If you did anything out of the ordinary, what version of licq, what
version of qt-gui, etc.

Thanks,
 - Ben