Re: mke2fs Hangs

Subject: Re: mke2fs Hangs
From: Ed Jaeger (ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 13:35:49 MST

Two possibilities:

1) If it's a big partition it can take some time;
2) The -c checks for bad sectors - if there's a bad area on the disk it
trys several times, and can take _forever_ to finish, as it keeps
resetting the drive, etc.

Can you determine if the disk is seeking? As long as you can switch
consoles I's suggest letting it finish.

--
Ed Jaeger, CFO, Bohlender Graebener Corporation
ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com

-- Henry Ford