Re: CS 1.2 still on for release tomorrow?

Subject: Re: CS 1.2 still on for release tomorrow?
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 15:07:07 MST

> How will the new release work, will there be a patching upgrade system as
> with the normal RH installers, or will it require a full reinstall? Or will
> there be a patch release, but the reinstall is recommended?

You can use the RH installer's upgrade mode or do a full reinstall. I
prefer reinstalls, but that is just me. I like the idea of having a
completely clean system. We're shipping the first release of YUP, the
Yellow Dog Update Tool with CS 1.2. The beauty of it is that it can
update itself as we impliment features. The goal is that it will soon be
able to essentially upgrade your system without rebooting. Upgrade your
system with CS 1.2 errata or upgrade to the latest "unstable tree" (ala
Debian's unstable) which is whatever is in Ruff Pack.

YUP is and will become and apt-get program for not only YDL, but other RPM
systems that care to ship it.

It won't be very useful until there is an errata update or when the new
RUff Pack devel cycle begins but its there and should be very cool :)

We're also working on a GUI for YUP.. right now its command-line like
apt-get but this should change soon.

Regards,
Dan

> > From: Dan Burcaw <dburcaw@terraplex.com>
> > Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 14:57:26 -0700 (MST)
> > To: yellowdog-general@lists.yellowdoglinux.com
> > Subject: Re: CS 1.2 still on for release tomorrow?
> >

> > I am not aware if we're doing this at this time. Although, $24 bucks for 3
> > cds is a pretty good deal if you ask me :)
> >

> >> Are there any deals on the CDs for existing users of the CDs? Especially
> >> those of us who got the mixed up batch of CDs? :)
> >>
> >> Wes

Regards,
Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 Yellow Dog Linux
 http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

 Black Lab Linux
 Advanced Workstations and Parallel Solutions
 http://www.blacklablinux.com/