USB keyboard and mouse with Kernel higher than 2.2.6

Subject: USB keyboard and mouse with Kernel higher than 2.2.6
From: Wiebke Timm (wiebke.timm@uni-bielefeld.de)
Date: Sun Jan 02 2000 - 16:04:10 MST

Hi!

I'm running YDL on a G3/350 b&w for one month now using a precompiled Kernel
(2.2.6-16bpmac). Everything works fine except for the USB printer and USB Floppy,
so I tried to use a newer Kernel. Here the trouble starts:

When one of these Kernels (I tried quite a few... 2.2.10, 2.2.12, 2.2.13,
2.2.14pre9, even some of the later 2.3.xx kernels...) started successfully, the
keymapping is all messed up and the mouse doesn't even work at all. (Not only on
the console - I managed to start an X-server and keyboard and mouse behaved the
same way)
I tried some patches and replacements of the files in the /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/
directory which I found on the www.linuxppc.org server but they didn't work.

So does anybody have the same configuration (G3/350 b&w, Apple USB Keyboard, Apple
USB Mouse), is running a kernel higher than 2.2.6, and could send me his
XF86config, all the /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/ directory (Is it neccessary at all to
change files in this dir???), and - most important of all - his keymapping for
both console and X-server?

Any other help in this matter is also highly appreciated since I'm a newbie and
none of the linux people I know could help me.

Cu all!
Wiebke