RS6000

Subject: RS6000
vdibmcsm@us.ibm.com
Date: Mon Jan 03 2000 - 05:49:40 MST

I recently downloaded the CS1.1cd, made a boot disk and proceded to attempt
a YDL install on my 7043-150 43P RS6000 machine. It seems to boot from the
floppy, but I end up at the following message.

copying OF device tree...done
instantiating rtas... done

And that's it. I've let it sit for hours (I have other things to do) and
nothing happens. Am I missing something? I've double checked the images,
remade my boot diskettes, and every time I get the same message. Any help
or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cam McFarland

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning,
and inhibit
clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and
impenetrable fog!"
--- Bill Watterson's Calvin.