Re: MOL using 98% CPU

Subject: Re: MOL using 98% CPU
From: Rich Lafferty (rich@alcor.concordia.ca)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 08:28:04 MST

On Wed, Jan 05, 2000 at 07:31:18PM +1300, Bernie Mentink (ebike@paradise.net.nz) wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can anyone tell me why MOL (Mac-on-Linux) uses 98% of my CPU.
> I am running Ver 0.9.something on my REVA imac under YD 1.1 ver 2.12-2

Because it can, I suspect. Have faith in the Linux scheduler, for it
shall do well :-) Remember, MacOS usually gets 100% of your CPU when
you're not running it in Mac-on-Linux. If your load average stays pretty
low -- hovering between 1 and 2 -- then you're doing fine, since there
aren't (m)any other processes that are being cpu-starved; it's only when
the load average goes up (= more processes waiting for CPU) that you need
to worry.

> Also, how do you get the printer to work, or is this not supported yet?

Well, just point lpd to the departmental print server... oh, wait, you
mean *your* printer. Well, we need a hint as to what it is :-)

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services