Installing YDL with 'Odd' Hardware

Subject: Installing YDL with 'Odd' Hardware
From: D. Preston (cryz@borg.com)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 16:22:38 MST

Some time back I purchased an ix3d Ultimate Rez 8MB video acclerator. I
would like to be able to use it under Linux as running X with the internal
video hardware is painfully choppy in comparison to using the ix3d in Mac
OS.

I have tried installing with the card in the machine and the installer hangs
after I select the language for the RedHat installer to use. This occurs
whether or not the monitor is attached to the ix3d card or not.

Pertinent information:
    CPU - PowerCenter 132 (upgraded to G3 with an XLR8 daughtercard)
    PCI cards - ix3d Ultimate Rez 8MB, Game Wizard VooDoo2 12MB

How do I go about adding support for this card?

Thank you,
D. Preston