X video very slow on G4

Subject: X video very slow on G4
From: Dan Delaney (Dionysos@Dionysia.org)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 12:42:53 MST

Hi all.

   I got YDL installed on my G4/450 the other day and everything seems to be
working smoothly. There is, however, one little problem. The video redraw is
extremely slow--to the point that I have to turn off the feature that makes
it show the contents of the window while dragging because it just doesn't
redraw the window fast enough. It seems like this shouldn't be the case on a
RAGE 128. Is there a newer RAGE driver for X that I need to know about?

Thanks.

-- Dan
 Dionysos@Dionysia.org Daniel G. Delaney
 www.Dionysia.org/~dionysos/