Python Pystones

Subject: Python Pystones
From: Luke Tymowski (ltymowski@ibm.net)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 06:50:12 MST

Hello,

What pystone benchmark results are people getting with G3s and G4s?

The benchmarks I've seen suggest that x86 so far is the best platform for
Python and Zope development. (I've got x86 and MIPS boxes, and I've seen
results for Sun.) But I'll soon be getting another Linux box, and I'd like
to get a G3 or G4. But if it doesn't run Python as well as x86 then there
isn't much point.

I've not yet come across any G3 or G4 Pystone results.

I couldn't find anything on either the Yellowdog or Python sites.

thanks,

Luke